Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Day!


COSTA RICA MAE!!!

So I arrived at around 4:30pm on August 8th. The airport has only 3 gates but really big gift shops and stuff for all the tourism. On the airplane I met a wonderful elderly couple from San Rafael de las montanas, but they're American. I talked to them all 3 and half hours of the flight. We talked about WWII, U.S.A., the world, and the Baha'i Faith. They got my contact info and I got theirs and they invited me to be with them. so nice! I met a group of guys from India who are here in Costa Rica for 16 days to vacation. I was attracted to them through their singing in the airplane. I hung out with them the whole time out of the airplane through customs and out. They were great!
The airplane lost one of my bags, but hopefully this morning it'll arrive. It's all good. Jere McKinney picked me up and showed me around and took me to their house, met his wonderful wife, Julie, and then I met David, Gianni and their daughter Ella. Beautiful people!
I feel very much at home (Colombia) here ever since landing the airplane in costa rica and everybody started clapping! it's a custom among Latin Americans to clap when you land an airplane. I would do that in other airplanes in U.S. but I would be the only one. haha..."awkward." I love being in this home in the city, surrounded by nature, open windows and doors and no AC. This morning I woke up at 5:30, my body's circadian rhythms immediately got accustomed to this time set here in Costa Rica. Today I'll visit with some Bahai's and enjoy their company.

stay tuned for more!

MUCH LOVE!!

6 Comments:

At August 9, 2007 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Leila said...

Que alegria que llegaste bien, Dani. Ya puse tu blog en mis feeds para estar al tanto de tus aventuras. Aqui estoy pendiente. mua!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 11:00 AM , Blogger aborhanian said...

Hey man,

I don't know about the clapping on the plane thing, we usually do that on every plane, and everyone claps. Glad you met so many lovely people.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 12:10 PM , Blogger jhasu said...

glad everything is well bro. I'm sure you'll get your bag back, if not then there's always a reason. The other guys are slowly departing one by one too. I'll be lookin forward to seein what your up to on your next post bud...take care

 
At August 10, 2007 at 2:38 PM , Blogger katherin said...

Hermanito-hoy pense, hmmm..sera que danny ya puso blog? y si! rico poder saber que llegaste bien. ya estas empezando tu aventura! carla pregunto por ti hoy. nura lloro mucho esta tardecita y creo que es porque le haces falta. te quiero y extrano mucho.

 
At August 11, 2007 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

Hola hermanito, aqui estoy con mi mama que llego hoy. Nos metimos para ver si ya habias escrito. Que bueno que estes bien. Suenas muy feliz. Me haces mucha falta. TQM
Hola hijito, aqui estoy disfrutando de la compania de Kendra y Mateo, todavia no he visto a carlos. Cuentame si te llego la maleta. Se que todo estara bien. Te extrano muuchiiisimo, besos y abrazos, mua
tu mami

 
At August 19, 2007 at 4:05 PM , Blogger amanda said...

hey danny! good to hear you're doing well. i know i always try to meet friends on long flights. i love hearing other peoples' stories. i'll keep up with you here, i guess :) take care of yourself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home